- Large-diaphragm pressure-gradient condenser microphone with variable polar patterns
- Polar pattens switchable between Cardioid, Omni, and Figure-8
- 1" gold-evaporated capsule; protective wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Innovative blend of discrete and integrated circuitry
- Optimized circuit stage scheme from phantom power input circuit to capsule voltage bias
- Unique nonlinear voltage/current source rectification
- Shock-resistant, wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
- Unique, individually tumbled chassis finish
- Custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and interchangeable mic stand thread adapter
- Onboard 10/20dB pad and 80Hz highpass filter
- 48-volt phantom power required for operation
- 175 mm / 6.89 in
- 54 mm / 2.13 in
- 625 g / 1.38 lb
The Aston Spirit is a high-performance switchable pattern microphone utilising a 1” gold evaporated capsule. A switch on the mic body selects from Omni, Cardioid or Figure-of-Eight polar patterns. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its Aston 33 panel selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer balanced circuitry using only the best components.
The Spirit is designed to deliver a beautifully open sound with sparkling harmonics. This highly accurate microphone gives a stunningly natural and transparent recording, capturing all the detail in the high range but without adding the harshness that some condenser microphones seem to.
Wave-form mesh head with built-in pop filter
The Spirit features Aston's signature wave-form mesh head which not only looks cool, but provides rugged protection for the mic's internals. If subjected to a forceful ding, the shock-resistant wave-form grille allows the head of the mic to distort, then return to its normal position without damage. It also offers a measure of off-axis rejection, helping to diminish unwanted ambient sound. Built into the wave-form head is a mesh-knit pop filter that eliminates plosives in vocal performances. This single-piece mesh cage is made of stainless steel, so it's rustproof; you can even remove and wash it!
Unique chassis and end cap design
Did we mention how striking this mic looks? To achieve its hard-wearing, eye-catching finish, your Spirit's chassis has been tumbled individually for up to four hours, with the engraving applied afterward. A custom-molded end cap with integrated XLR and built-in, interchangeable mic stand thread adapter is another unique aspect of the design. In light of the mic's superior onboard shock absorption, you can mount it directly to a mic stand - which also makes it easy to repair and maintain.